The Verdict: Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce
An old Italian favourite, with a brand new mission.
- Engine: The 2.0 litre four cylinder turbo engine is punchy and tractable; the exhaust can be heard from blocks away encouraging the use of higher revs. Perfect car to drive in and around the city but also more than sufficient for a Sunday spin on out in the open.
- Steering: One of the major strengths of the Veloce is its exceptionally nimble steering ability. The wheel feels very light in your hand, yet the alertness is what makes it stand out.
- Ride/Gears: Unfortunately this model is not manual although the eight speed automatic is very easy to get used to. Be that as it may, the Gulia Veloce does come with paddle shifters so some spirited driving is still very much in the picture.
- Exterior: The exterior proves to be very much similar to top model Giulia QV. Featuring a sports bumper, 18 inch alloy wheels, coloured brake callipers, dark tinted privacy glass with black gloss window surrounds and a rear diffuser with dual exhaust tailpipes. The well defined body lines on the hood, and the sides of the Giulia propound the car’s stylish and sporty characteristics and make it very aesthetic to look at.
- Interior: The new Veloce is just as nice inside as it’s more expensive brother providing the same element of comfort and purification at a much cheaper price. The model comes with a unique sports steering wheel and beautiful black leather sports seats.
The Verdict: Alfa Romeo has been working hard at reestablishing itself in the Automotive world. The introduction of this overall well designed and produced model for such an affordable price proves that Alfa have a good plan in place going forward. You can get your hands on one of these for anywhere between $50-70,000